|The view from our room|
Down by the harbour is Battery Parade and in recognition of it's former purpose a 12lb naval gun is on display.
By the beginning of the 20th century the battery was long gone. In 1914, the Germans found the town undefended when they bombarded it. [details here] . A memorial to the event can be found on the cliff top.
The clock on the mantlepiece and the cat silhouette by the window are nice touches.
We had a trip over to Pickering and visited the parish church. On the walls of the nave can be seen some wall paintings dating from the mid 15th century.
|Martyrdom of St Edmund|