Monday 4 April 2022

A pause

A few weeks ago I read the most recent post on Norm's Battlefield and Warriors blog and it set me thinking.  I looked back on my last six months posts and then compared them with ones from a couple of years back.  The exercise was instructive.  It seemed that my more recent efforts lacked the enthusiasm and inventiveness exhibited in earlier posts, it could be that it is a hangover from Covid and lockdown, or that I have 'writer's block'; whatever the reason I think it best that I take a break from posting for a time.

I am grateful to those of you who have dropped by over the years to take a look at the various games I have been involved in  and especially those visitors who have left comments.  One of the great strengths of this hobby is the unfailing generosity and support the participants offer each other.  It is my intention to recharge the batteries over the next few months and hopefully return to the blog and continue the adventures of Sir Victor Meldrew, Graf von Grommit, the Duc de Merlot and other assorted characters.

Thank you for your interest and encouragement over the years and I hope to be back before too long

12 comments:

  1. A natural lull in the cycle of blog posting to find the time and space to re-enthuse is a handy opportunity to grab when it comes along. I fancy that if you get involved again with the show circuit, your keyboard fingers may get the urge again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm, you may well be right. Next up is probably going to be Phalanx in June.

      David

      Delete
  2. I suspect Norm's post triggered a reflective moment among many bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jonathan, I have seen quite a few references to it. He may well have caught the spirit of the moment


      David

      Delete
  3. Hope to hear from you again in the future .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sjvek, I am sure that my characters have quite a few adventures yet to record.

      David

      Delete
  4. A rest and a step back may well be best, a recharge of the batteries and hopefully back to blogging in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Donnie, the trick will be to make sure it remains a "rest and recharge" and doesn't drift into retirement !

      David

      Delete
  5. Rally, rest a turn and return then to the fray…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am looking forward to a bit of 'down time'

      David

      Delete