Monday 8 July 2019

Phoenix 2019

Rather a delayed post as our broadband has been glacially slow for the last month, preventing me from uploading photographs.  The last weekend in June Steve and I attended the Phoenix show at Rheged near Penrith.  As last year, we were joined by Alasdair, the third member of our group, who moved up to Scotland some years ago and journeys south for the weekend.  The show seemed quite busy and there were a good number of traders attending.  The emphasis was on participation games, but this large SYW in India game did have a good selection of well-painted figures






This ACW participation game was very well presented






These fantasy/role playing games also attracted quite a bit of interest



Nice use of card buildings and scenery



None of us purchased much, my 'haul' consisted of bases and some acrylic varnish, but those who were hosting games were happy to chat and we also met some friends.  A splendid weekend which Steve and I extended to include a walk from Stonethwaite in Borrowdale over High Raise to the Sticklebarn pub in Langdale.

If the internet holds up I will try to post a report on the Gentlemen Pensioners' Sunday game, which followed this year's Phalanx show and also the games that Steve and I have been having over the last month or so.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. Its a show I have promised to attend in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there and enjoyed the setting and pace of the show. We did Keswick the following day, a lovely part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Norm

      Yes I think it works best as part of a weekend away. Certainly, you can't beat the Lakes if the weather if the weather gods smile on you.

      David

      Delete