Tuesday 10 November 2020

IT problems

Last week, after several years of acceptance of this blog, the security software I had installed on the computer took it into it's head to decide that my offerings were "highly dangerous" and blocked access.  I could override the block, but if I did this, any attempt to get to the admin pages and monitor comments, or even add another post was also blocked.  To say the least this was irritating.  There was however a link to the security software administrators " re-evaluation" procedure.  I dutifully filled in my details and suggested that even a cursory glance at the contents of the blog would satisfy them that classifying it as "highly dangerous" was going a bit far.  Their automatic response was that the process could take up to two weeks; with little choice I settled down for a long wait.  I was surprised therefore that in a mere three days I received a reply to say that following a re-evaluation the block had been lifted and my blog had been accepted as safe.  Gratified as I am by this change of heart, I wonder in the back of my mind if the fact that my subscription to the said security software was due for renewal in a couple of weeks time played any part?

 

2 comments:

  1. A lot of blogs are suffering the same, it seems to last a 3-7 days and then disappears

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Will, it is good to know that this annoyance is nothing personal

    David

    ReplyDelete